Saturday, October 21, 2006

I've been shopping

Filled with post-Mauritius enthusiasm, I decided the time had come to invest in a new boom. Now, I've been thinking this for quite some time seeing as my most-used (aluminium) boom dates back to the last century. And it wasn't a particularly expensive one. But there was nothing actually wrong with it. I never quite managed to justify the expense of a carbon boom from any of the well-known brands. And I had heard bad things about some of the cheaper offerings. I do have a carbon boom which I had to acquire second-hand when I got a 4.7, and it's fine but I can't say I notice anything special about it. And although I don't know exactly how old it is, it's a few years anyway.





So, once again I headed into Surf Dock to do a little research. I did rather fancy a Neil Pryde X6, and wouldya believe it, they had one in stock. Not as expensive as I had feared, and then I managed to get a discount. Well, I couldn't leave it there, could I?




On the way home, I snagged another bargain. A very fetching (NOT!) neoprene hood at half price. Looks horrendous, but worth a try if it keeps my head warm. I might, just might, be more inclined to sail in colder weather

No comments: