Tuesday, September 12, 2006

My New Harness

DaKine Wahine harness with cute pink flowery bits
It arrived today, yippee! Well, actually it arrived yesterday but due to a spot of muppetry by the supplier it was sent to my home address instead of my work address so of course there was nobody home. My old NP harness was ok, but I've never been entirely happy with the fit. The neoprene at the front just seemed to come up too high and sometimes wouldn't stay where it should, particularly in strong winds.

Now all I need is some wind, to try it out...

[EDIT] Hah! I spoke too soon. When I got home and took it out of its box... they've sent it out with a kite bar! One phone call later, I'm assured that the correct bar will be winging its way to me asap. And I suppose, if I ever want to go over to the dark side I'm well sorted in the harness department.

[EDIT again] One week later and still no sign of the bar! Called 'em up again and, guess what, no record of my previous call. MUPPETS! So went through the whole story again and, again, they assure me the bar will be with me in a couple of days. The whole reason I'm trying to buy a new harness right now is that I'm going on hols next week. Looks like I'll be bringing the old one after all.

I've always been keen on the idea of buying from local shops rather than over the internet. Unless either it's something you can't get locally or the price difference is significant. Now I'm even keener. Although I did try to buy the harness locally, maybe I didn't try hard enough.

[And fiiinnnnnaaallllyyy] It arrived at last. The day before I go on holidays, and just as well I was at home when the postman called. So I'll be using it in Mauritius after all.

No comments: