Sunday, September 24, 2006

Off to Mauritius - the countdown


September already (where did the summer go?) and I could use a holiday. I did have a week in Sardinia back at the start of July but that seems a long time ago now.
But it's time to pack my bags for a Jem Hall clinic in Mauritius. As always, it seemed ages away when I booked it but now it's here and I'm not ready.

I did a clinic with Jem a few years ago in Prasonisi (Rhodes) and it was great fun, although I don't think I'd be classed as a star pupil. But that's ok with me. I've gone on holidays by myself many times and while it's ok, it can get a bit dull of an evening with nobody to talk to. There's always a nice group on a clinic and the daily coaching is miles better than just taking the odd lesson here and there. And at this stage I'm over the trauma of seeing myself on video :-)

So, what to pack? Don't think I'll be bringing my new harness (see below!) and I did have a hankering for a new pair of neoprene shorts but I think I'll have to wait till next year as the shops don't seem to have any in stock at the moment. I've been tracking the weather on the Club Mistral site and it's looking a bit mixed - eeek! But it's gotta be better than here - dull, grey and pouring with rain at the moment.

No comments: